Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default populate and list and sumup

Hi

i have
column a random descriptions (some recuring)
column b amounts corresponding to a descriptions

for example
1 aaa 1
2 bbb 1
3 aaa 1
4 aaa 2
5 bbb 1
6 ccc 1
7 ccc 1
8 ddd 1
9 eee 1
10 aaa 1

what i need is to somehow get

l and m

1 aaa 5
2 bbb 2
3 ccc 2
4 ddd 1

I used the advanced filter option. problem now is if i edit the list in column a and b it does not alter/edit the L and M columns

can email sample if not understood
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Phillip,

Am Thu, 2 Apr 2020 02:36:41 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Phillip Swanepoel:

for example
1 aaa 1
2 bbb 1
3 aaa 1
4 aaa 2
5 bbb 1
6 ccc 1
7 ccc 1
8 ddd 1
9 eee 1
10 aaa 1

what i need is to somehow get

l and m

1 aaa 5
2 bbb 2
3 ccc 2
4 ddd 1

insert headers and format your data as table. Then create a Pivot table.
When you edit the table you only must right click to the Pivot table and
choose "Refresh".
Have a look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgetN...vHMEw?e=Th6BV6

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 12:25:48 PM UTC+2, Claus Busch wrote:
[...]

Thank you!!!

but 1st I am not all that familiar with tables or pivot

then 2nd I quess i needed to say the actual columns i use is not a and b but E and G 12 down to where the data stop. it will range between 80 on one page and 280 (or more) on the next page. Using 12 pages per workbook.

and then I would need to make a summary of the pivots on page 13

regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Phillip,

Am Thu, 2 Apr 2020 03:50:59 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Phillip Swanepoel:

but 1st I am not all that familiar with tables or pivot

then 2nd I quess i needed to say the actual columns i use is not a and b but E and G 12 down to where the data stop. it will range between 80 on one page and 280 (or more) on the next page. Using 12 pages per workbook.

and then I would need to make a summary of the pivots on page 13

have another look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgetN...vHMEw?e=NMJVDu

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 2:36:07 PM UTC+2, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Phillip,

Am Thu, 2 Apr 2020 03:50:59 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Phillip Swanepoel:

but 1st I am not all that familiar with tables or pivot

then 2nd I quess i needed to say the actual columns i use is not a and b but E and G 12 down to where the data stop. it will range between 80 on one page and 280 (or more) on the next page. Using 12 pages per workbook.

and then I would need to make a summary of the pivots on page 13

have another look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgetN...vHMEw?e=NMJVDu

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

would you mind I email you the workbook? or upload somewhere...

yes the last option work for me. but i think the explanation i gave is not sufficient for what i need... Sorry

I can mail you the book?

regards

Phillip