Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Task pane suppression

Is there any way to block the Task Pane from appearing everytime a cell is selected and Alt key pressed? I can write a VBA script to hide it, but it must be called to execute, which is more trouble than simply clicking it off.. Is there some way to have the script execute automatically any time the pane appears?

I use Excel 2003. Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is there any way to block the Task Pane from appearing everytime a cell is
selected and Alt key pressed? I can write a VBA script to hide it, but it
must be called to execute, which is more trouble than simply clicking it off.
Is there some way to have the script execute automatically any time the pane
appears?

I use Excel 2003. Thanks in advance

Why not just turn off AutoHide?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 6:50:29 PM UTC-5, GS wrote:
Is there any way to block the Task Pane from appearing everytime a cell is
selected and Alt key pressed? I can write a VBA script to hide it, but it
must be called to execute, which is more trouble than simply clicking it off.
Is there some way to have the script execute automatically any time the pane
appears?

I use Excel 2003. Thanks in advance

Why not just turn off AutoHide?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Thanks. How is that done in Excel 2003? Thanks again
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 6:50:29 PM UTC-5, GS wrote:
Is there any way to block the Task Pane from appearing everytime a cell is
selected and Alt key pressed? I can write a VBA script to hide it, but it
must be called to execute, which is more trouble than simply clicking it
off. Is there some way to have the script execute automatically any time
the pane appears?

I use Excel 2003. Thanks in advance

Why not just turn off AutoHide?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Thanks. How is that done in Excel 2003? Thanks again

It's done in Windows, not Excel!
Right-click the Taskbar and choose *Properties*, then uncheck the option to
Auto hide.

Task Pane DMill2008 New Users to Excel 0 July 24th 08 01:22 AM
Task Pane add-in Bert Nargs Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 April 19th 07 11:44 AM
Task Pane Nancy Alman New Users to Excel 1 July 9th 06 07:16 PM
task pane Diane Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 November 25th 05 05:53 PM
Task Pane Mike Setting up and Configuration of Excel 3 May 26th 05 08:29 AM