-   -   Task pane suppression (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/454076-task-pane-suppression.html)

programmernovice[_2_]

Task pane suppression

Is there any way to block the Task Pane from appearing everytime a cell is selected and Alt key pressed? I can write a VBA script to hide it, but it must be called to execute, which is more trouble than simply clicking it off.. Is there some way to have the script execute automatically any time the pane appears?

I use Excel 2003. Thanks in advance

GS[_6_]

Task pane suppression

Is there any way to block the Task Pane from appearing everytime a cell is
selected and Alt key pressed? I can write a VBA script to hide it, but it
must be called to execute, which is more trouble than simply clicking it off.
Is there some way to have the script execute automatically any time the pane
appears?

I use Excel 2003. Thanks in advance

Why not just turn off AutoHide?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

programmernovice[_2_]

Task pane suppression

On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 6:50:29 PM UTC-5, GS wrote:
Is there any way to block the Task Pane from appearing everytime a cell is
selected and Alt key pressed? I can write a VBA script to hide it, but it
must be called to execute, which is more trouble than simply clicking it off.
Is there some way to have the script execute automatically any time the pane
appears?

I use Excel 2003. Thanks in advance

Why not just turn off AutoHide?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Thanks. How is that done in Excel 2003? Thanks again

GS[_6_]

Task pane suppression

On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 6:50:29 PM UTC-5, GS wrote:
Is there any way to block the Task Pane from appearing everytime a cell is
selected and Alt key pressed? I can write a VBA script to hide it, but it
must be called to execute, which is more trouble than simply clicking it
off. Is there some way to have the script execute automatically any time
the pane appears?

I use Excel 2003. Thanks in advance

Why not just turn off AutoHide?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Thanks. How is that done in Excel 2003? Thanks again

It's done in Windows, not Excel!
Right-click the Taskbar and choose *Properties*, then uncheck the option to
Auto hide.

--

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 1:07:08 PM UTC-5, GS wrote:
[...]

Thanks.