Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro for Copy PAste from different Workbook

Can sombody help me for following

I have 3 workbook in a folder,I want to extract the data from 2 work book and put it in to 3rd work book

Data available in 2 workbook are in row wise and I want in column wise in 3rd work book

When user enter the name of the person data from other 2 workbook will be consolidate in 3rd workbook

Files are attached

Eg for Person AAA 4 data points available for Education details but for BBB there is 6 data points available .so While consolidate row should adjust accordingly and should be border.

Physical details will be below Education details.

Waiting for Reply
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Shrini

Take a look at Ron DeBruin's website, he has some very handy and helpful codes to do just what you need.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section3.htm

HTH
Mark.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 6:18:44 PM UTC+5:30, Living the Dream wrote:
Hi Shrini

Take a look at Ron DeBruin's website, he has some very handy and helpful codes to do just what you need.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section3.htm

HTH
Mark.

Dear Mark
Thanks for reply
I checked the linked which fulfil 50% of my requirement.
Available macro is to copy full data in summary sheet my requirement is that I want to copy data which is specified by the user I dont want to copy complete data
Regards
Shrini
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

shrini wrote on 01-09-17 :

I checked the linked which fulfil 50% of my requirement.
Available macro is to copy full data in summary sheet my requirement is that
I want to copy data which is specified by the user I dont want to copy
complete data Regards Shrini

1 - What file you want the procedure to be executed from?
2 - What are the keys to specify the data you want to copy?
3 - What are the paths of the files?

Bruno
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 2:21:32 PM UTC+5:30, Bruno Campanini wrote:
shrini wrote on 01-09-17 :

I checked the linked which fulfil 50% of my requirement.
Available macro is to copy full data in summary sheet my requirement is that
I want to copy data which is specified by the user I dont want to copy
complete data Regards Shrini

1 - What file you want the procedure to be executed from?
2 - What are the keys to specify the data you want to copy?
3 - What are the paths of the files?

Bruno

Dear Burno
Thanks for reply.
Actually I have 2 work book . for Eg in first work book I have educational details of the person eg he has cleared his 10th,12th graduation etc and in second work book I have details like physical appreance about colour ,citizenship,cast etc.I have data more than 3000 person.Now customer comes to me and asking print out of particular person For eg details of "SHRINIVAS".Then in 3rd work book I will enter Name "SHRINIVAS" and macro should be able to take out details from both work book.
And I can take out the print of Shrinivas and can give it to customer .If another customer come and ask for the details of another person then details of Shrinivas will get deleted and Details of new person will appear.
Actually I dont know how to attahed file or else I could have been attached..
Thansk again for reply.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

shrini wrote on 01-09-17 :

[...]

You continue explaining your problems without giving any useful info
for suggesting a solution.
You want to attach what file to what else?
You want to trace any attached file: where and when?

Bruno
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

shrini wrote on 01-09-17 :

[...]

Dear sir
Thanks for reply and spare a time for me.
Can I attached file
If yes let me know how to attach.
About the Info
Please let me know what more info you required.

Regards
Shrinivas