Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old January 4th 17, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Aug 2009
Posts: 177
Default conditional formatting, bleh

trying to use this formula for conditional formatting in column D:
=NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D1, SLS_Holidays, 1, FALSE)))

where any value in D that is found in SLS_Holidays will be highlighted. It wont accept copy/paste, and attempts at modifying it are not getting me anywhere. please help.

  #2   Report Post  
Old January 4th 17, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,481
Default conditional formatting, bleh

Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:51:23 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

trying to use this formula for conditional formatting in column D:
=NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D1, SLS_Holidays, 1, FALSE)))


try in CF:
=COUNTIF(SLS_Holidays,D1)0

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
  #3   Report Post  
Old January 4th 17, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Aug 2009
Posts: 177
Default conditional formatting, bleh

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 10:04:22 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:51:23 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

trying to use this formula for conditional formatting in column D:
=NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D1, SLS_Holidays, 1, FALSE)))


try in CF:
=COUNTIF(SLS_Holidays,D1)0

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016


so I must be doing something wrong - when I copy/paste your formula directly into CF I get an broken formula error. I take out the = and hit OK, it puts it back in, and surrounds the formula with "s
  #4   Report Post  
Old January 4th 17, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,481
Default conditional formatting, bleh

Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 09:11:47 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

so I must be doing something wrong - when I copy/paste your formula directly into CF I get an broken formula error. I take out the = and hit OK, it puts it back in, and surrounds the formula with "s


in CF you cannot use sheet scope names. Is you name a global name, a
workbook scope name?


Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
  #5   Report Post  
Old January 4th 17, 05:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Aug 2009
Posts: 177
Default conditional formatting, bleh

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 10:28:30 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 09:11:47 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

so I must be doing something wrong - when I copy/paste your formula directly into CF I get an broken formula error. I take out the = and hit OK, it puts it back in, and surrounds the formula with "s


in CF you cannot use sheet scope names. Is you name a global name, a
workbook scope name?


Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016


workbook scope - it's a table name


  #6   Report Post  
Old January 4th 17, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Aug 2009
Posts: 177
Default conditional formatting, bleh

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 10:59:28 AM UTC-7, Matthew Dyer wrote:
On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 10:28:30 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 09:11:47 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

so I must be doing something wrong - when I copy/paste your formula directly into CF I get an broken formula error. I take out the = and hit OK, it puts it back in, and surrounds the formula with "s


in CF you cannot use sheet scope names. Is you name a global name, a
workbook scope name?


Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016


workbook scope - it's a table name


for the immediate I just hard-coded my range (H2:H20), but I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I could use my named range instead.
  #7   Report Post  
Old January 4th 17, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,481
Default conditional formatting, bleh

Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 10:18:15 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

for the immediate I just hard-coded my range (H2:H20), but I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I could use my named range instead.


have a look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgYVbEmzNp--N_HbuEw


Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
  #8   Report Post  
Old January 6th 17, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Aug 2009
Posts: 177
Default conditional formatting, bleh

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 11:24:35 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 10:18:15 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

for the immediate I just hard-coded my range (H2:H20), but I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I could use my named range instead.


have a look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgYVbEmzNp--N_HbuEw


Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016


Sorry Claus, but it appears to be a broken link


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can I convert conditional formatting into explicit formatting? Patrick Harris Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 April 9th 09 12:00 AM
Conditional formatting--different formatting depending on cell con Tammy S. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 March 30th 09 08:11 PM
Formatting Conditional Formatting Icon Sets The Rook[_2_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 March 7th 09 08:48 PM
Protect Cell Formatting including Conditional Formatting Mick Jennings Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 November 13th 07 05:32 PM
Conditional Formatting that will display conditional data BrainFart Excel Worksheet Functions 1 September 13th 05 05:45 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017