Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default multiline inputbox

Does anybody know a good multiline inputbox that I can use in VBA?
Ideally with a richtext control.
It should be easy to do this with a userform, but trying to save some time.
Thanks.

RBS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does anybody know a good multiline inputbox that I can use in VBA?
Ideally with a richtext control.
It should be easy to do this with a userform, but trying to save some
time. Thanks.

RBS

Userform is the way to go since you're obviously looking for something
very custom. Once done the component is reusable for other projects.

The folks I bought my Spread.ocx from (Farpoint) included a custom
InputBox.ocx but that's not the way to go, IMO, because the control
needs to be registered! (You were looking for something 3rd party, I
assume)

Note that the Windows Common Controls install with all versions of MS
Office and so anything from that lib works well on MSO Userforms.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, will be userform then.
Maybe in VB6 as an activeX dll because there are security problems
with the richtext control in VBA userforms.

RBS

On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 12:48:06 UTC, wrote:
Does anybody know a good multiline inputbox that I can use in VBA?
Ideally with a richtext control.
It should be easy to do this with a userform, but trying to save some time.
Thanks.

RBS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe in VB6 as an activeX dll because there are security problems
with the richtext control in VBA userforms.

Do you mean beyond normal macro security? Please elaborate...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many years ago I had a richtext control (the standard MS one) on a
userform
and I had problems as the control was not trusted. Not to do with
macro security. Since then I have been using a customized control
(based on the standard one) with no problems. Have posted several
times about this, years ago and it should be traceable.

Yes, I'm aware of the warning displayed when the userform initially
loads. But that only happens once during runtime. I suppose that's once
too many, though!

What about using the Registry fix you got from KouKour back then? Seems
easier to go that way than build a custom control, IMO?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The 1st one is optional...

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Common \Security]
"UFIControls"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\Security]
"LoadControlsInForms"=dword:00000001

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ah, yes, remember that now, but it didn't work.
Not sure now this was a long time ago.

I just tested it on 3 machines w/ xl11/12/14 and it worked just fine!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have made this now in VB6 and all working fine, without customized
control and without any registry fix.

That's great! It's little nuances like this that prompted me to replace
my Excel addins with stand-alone VB6 apps. (Not to mention the number
of clients moving away from M$ Office to Libre Office, which I have no
desire to develop for!)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, VB6 very useful for various reasons.
Come across a problem now that really puzzels me:
In the ActiveX dll I have a routine like this:

Public Sub LoadSQLEditor(oXL As Object, lXLHwnd As Long, sDB As String, lDBHdl As Long)

The code in this routine doesn't matter as it is calling this that is the problem.
In Excel in a standard module in a Sub I have this:

LoadSQLEditor Excel.Application, lExcelHwnd, strDB, lDBHandle

Now when doing this I am getting the error:
Object required.
I am sure I did the same before with no problem and no idea what the trouble is here.
Any ideas?

RBS

On Thursday, 19 March 2015 11:47:26 UTC, GS wrote:
Have made this now in VB6 and all working fine, without customized
control and without any registry fix.

That's great! It's little nuances like this that prompted me to replace
my Excel addins with stand-alone VB6 apps. (Not to mention the number
of clients moving away from M$ Office to Libre Office, which I have no
desire to develop for!)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This shows (all in a normal VBA module) shows that there is nil
wrong with the coding as such:

Sub test()

TestObject Excel.Application

End Sub