Junior Member

Default HOw do I create a rolling day excel sheet

Ok So I am at loss on how to do this. I have an excel sheet that everyday the date is entered and adjacent cells have some data displayed(see my example below).

What I want to do is when a user enters the data for the new day then 1 row is hidden so that only 365 days of data is actually displayed. The sheet I attached has less then 2 weeks present just to give you an idea of what everything looks like but obviously with the goal of going back 365 days.

A B C D E
Date Julian Date Product Code Product Name Comments
09-Jan-14 4009 1234567 Testing testing
10-Jan-14 4010 2345678 Test test
09-Jan-15 5009 3456789 Testin Testin

So when someone enters 10-Jan-15 it will automatically hide all the data associated with 09-Jan-14 so that 10-Jan-15 will be at the top of the sheet and continue to do so as each new day is entered.

Thanks for your help in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 10:49:10 PM UTC-6, Kefo wrote:
Ok So I am at loss on how to do this. I have an excel sheet that
everyday the date is entered and adjacent cells have some data
displayed(see my example below).

What I want to do is when a user enters the data for the new day then 1
row is hidden so that only 365 days of data is actually displayed. The
sheet I attached has less then 2 weeks present just to give you an idea
of what everything looks like but obviously with the goal of going back
365 days.

A B C D
Date Julian Date Product Code Product Name Comments

--
Kefo

Are you saying you ONLY want to show the latest date, or only show the latest entry or EXACTLY what do you want. Easy to do with a worksheet change event macro.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 10:49:10 PM UTC-6, Kefo wrote:
Ok So I am at loss on how to do this. I have an excel sheet that
everyday the date is entered and adjacent cells have some data
displayed(see my example below).

What I want to do is when a user enters the data for the new day then 1
row is hidden so that only 365 days of data is actually displayed. The
sheet I attached has less then 2 weeks present just to give you an idea
of what everything looks like but obviously with the goal of going back
365 days.

A B C D
Date Julian Date Product Code Product Name Comments
09-Jan-14 4009 1234567 Testing
testing
10-Jan-14 4010 2345678 Test
test
09-Jan-15 5009 3456789 Testin
Testin

So when someone enters 10-Jan-15 it will automatically hide all the data
associated with 09-Jan-14 so that 10-Jan-15 will be at the top of the
sheet and continue to do so as each new day is entered.

Thanks for your help in advance

--
Kefo

Are you saying you ONLY want to show the latest date, or only show the latest entry or EXACTLY what do you want. Easy to do with a worksheet change event macro.
I want it to show the latest entry and go back 365 days as well. This sheet is only entered in once per day so when they enter jan 10,2015 and put in their data it will show jan 10,2015 and go back to jan 10,2014 as well. When they enter jan 11,2015 it will hide jan 10,2014 so that only the last 365 days(entries) are shown.