Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help with a stock spreadsheet

I was giving this spread sheet some time ago. The guy that gave it to me said that it has a 90% success rate on test but since then most of the other programs that was needed to get the data from has since quit working. I would like someone to help me get it working and then help to test it and see if it really works or not. Maybe put it all in a windows base program and run it all.
I do not know how to program.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:48:01 PM UTC-5, Frank Garner wrote:
I was giving this spread sheet some time ago. The guy that gave it to me said that it has a 90% success rate on test but since then most of the other programs that was needed to get the data from has since quit working. I would like someone to help me get it working and then help to test it and see if it really works or not. Maybe put it all in a windows base program and run it all.
I do not know how to program.

here are some comments when we chatted online which I hope will encourage you to help me on this

This particular spreadsheet is basically tracking low float stocks that are up big at the open

i'll tell you that it all just looks like numbers until you realize the power of what the spreadsheet is really doing for you...
you simply put in a new stock symbol and by 10 a.m., you have enough data to predict how that stock will perform throughout the day..
the EV is the expected value for that stock, based on the first 15 minutes of data

=IF((Y4*X4)<10%,-11.792*(X4*Y4)^2+6.6641*(X4*Y4)-0.1903,0.0033*LN(Y4*X4)+0.3438)

This program does not work no more
to add your own stocks to track.. you basically go onto Quotelogger and download the stock you are interested in..
then open an entirely new excel spreadsheet, go to Data-Import external data-Import data..
and browse to the Quotelogger text file..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 2:48:01 PM UTC-6, Frank Garner wrote:
I was giving this spread sheet some time ago. The guy that gave it to me said that it has a 90% success rate on test but since then most of the other programs that was needed to get the data from has since quit working. I would like someone to help me get it working and then help to test it and see if it really works or not. Maybe put it all in a windows base program and run it all.
I do not know how to program.

I don't know what quotelogger is but have extensive with web scalping so send your file direct to dguillett @gmail.com and I'll take a look.

Describe your process step by step so I will know the logic of what you do
Also, tell me what info you previously got from quotelogger. maybe it can be retrieved elsewhere
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 3:48:01 PM UTC-5, Frank Garner wrote:
I was giving this spread sheet some time ago. The guy that gave it to me said that it has a 90% success rate on test but since then most of the other programs that was needed to get the data from has since quit working. I would like someone to help me get it working and then help to test it and see if it really works or not. Maybe put it all in a windows base program and run it all.
I do not know how to program.

I sent an email to you and I think I have found another program to use
http://investexcel.net/wp-content/up...ock-Quotes.zip

not sure if it will work for what is needed but what I need is to get stock data intraday I think is what it is called. The stocks I choose I must be able to get the history of the trades plus the history of what it does for the next hour in delay realtime.

Right now I am waiting on you to reply to my email.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Saturday, January 10, 2015 at 11:10:56 AM UTC-6, Frank Garner wrote:
[...]

I did not get a personal email from you but did take a look at Samir's and if it does what you want, use it. Could be improved.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 3:48:01 PM UTC-5, Frank Garner wrote:
I was giving this spread sheet some time ago. The guy that gave it to me said that it has a 90% success rate on test but since then most of the other programs that was needed to get the data from has since quit working. I would like someone to help me get it working and then help to test it and see if it really works or not. Maybe put it all in a windows base program and run it all.
I do not know how to program.

I had sent an email to you by this email
dguillett at gmail

but if you did not get it then send me an email at fmgarner on am on yahoo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 2:48:01 PM UTC-6, Frank Garner wrote:
I was giving this spread sheet some time ago. The guy that gave it to me said that it has a 90% success rate on test but since then most of the other programs that was needed to get the data from has since quit working. I would like someone to help me get it working and then help to test it and see if it really works or not. Maybe put it all in a windows base program and run it all.
I do not know how to program.

I don't understand your addy. Try again or re-send to me. Try dguillett1 atgmail.com