Mostropovich

Default stock control spreadsheet

I would like to create/find a spreadsheet with formulas that does the
following:

1) start with: input Sales=0, automatic OpeningStock=0, input Order=3,
automatic ClosingStock=3

2) next time: input Sales=2, automatic OpeningStock=ClosingStock of previous
session=3, input Order=1, automatic ClosingStock=2

and so on.
Can anybody help please?

R.VENKATARAMAN

row 1 headings
a2 0
b2 0
c2 3
d2 =C2+B2-A2 formula

similarly
a3 2
formula b3 =D2
c3 1
d3 (when you drag down d2 , d3 becomes =C3+B3-A3

now take cursor to right bottom of D2 it will turn into +
drag this down
similarly drag B3 down.
is this ok for you
=============================

Mostropovich wrote in message
I would like to create/find a spreadsheet with formulas that does the
following:

1) start with: input Sales=0, automatic OpeningStock=0, input Order=3,
automatic ClosingStock=3

2) next time: input Sales=2, automatic OpeningStock=ClosingStock of

previous
session=3, input Order=1, automatic ClosingStock=2

and so on.
Can anybody help please?

Mostropovich

It works - thanks. I was not to clear as for my task.
now from here, do you know how/if it would be possible to have the formula
working horizontally for more than one product and without having to add a
line every time sales or order are changed, e.g.:
from your original table:
Date sales opening order closing
01/01/2005 0 0 3 3
01/02/2005 0 3 1 4
01/03/2005 2 4 0 2
01/04/2005 3 2 1 0
01/05/2005 0 0 3 3

I would like to develop:
product1 sales opening order closing
0 0 3 3
product2 sales opening order closing
0 0 6 6

where just changing "sales" and/or "order", obtains the following result:
product1 sales opening order closing
2 3 0 1
product2 sales opening order closing
2 6 1 5
I tried (but I am very ignorant!) and I do not know how to avoid the loop
and create the incremental formula that I think is needed.
obviously if there is no answer to this, I will use your initial solution
and create very long lists, but I'd like to thank you again. let me know if I
can send you some flowers...
Giorgio