Junior Member

Default Custom SaveAs dialog - need list of supported filetypes

I'm working on a project where we do not want to show the file name and directory browsing portion of the Save As dialog. Our code is automatically saving and naming the file. However, we want the user to select the file format/type.

So essentially, I want to create a custom dialog where we replicate the Save As Type dropdown but do not show the directory browsing section.

Any ideas?

Last edited by nikeeg : November 4th 14 at 02:23 AM Reason: Clarification
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm working on a project where we do not want to show the file name
and directory browsing portion of the Save As dialog. Our code is
automatically saving and naming the file. However, we want the user
to select the file format/type.

So essentially, I want to create a custom dialog where we replicate
the Save As Type dropdown but do not show the directory browsing
section.

Any ideas?

A ComboBox perhaps?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,

You can use the next list to feed a ComboBox

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.15).aspx

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s5/win001.htm

'Save the file in the format you choose in the "Save as type" dropdown
NewWb.SaveAs fname, FileFormat:= _
FileFormatValue, CreateBackup:=False

isabelle

Le 2014-11-03 21:21, nikeeg a écrit :
I'm working on a project where we do not want to show the file name and
directory browsing portion of the Save As dialog. Our code is
automatically saving and naming the file. However, we want the user to
select the file format/type.

So essentially, I want to create a custom dialog where we replicate the
Save As Type dropdown but do not show the directory browsing section.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.15).aspx

Lots of good stuff here! Thanks for sharing...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc