Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unable to Group in Pivot Table

I have a data set and have created a pivot table based on the data set. I have a column containing a numeric value in my data set that is set as the Row in my Pivot Table. I would like to group by this column, but for some reason the the Group option on the pivot table is greyed out. Any advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote in message

I have a data set and have created a pivot table based on the data set. I
have a column containing a numeric value in my data set that is set as the
Row in my Pivot Table. I would like to group by this column, but for some
reason the the Group option on the pivot table is greyed out. Any advice?

Do you mean you have a 'number' as a row or column header in your source
data. If so in a light test I didn't have any problems when said numeric
item is used as a Row item as you describe. Perhaps you upload a file
somewhere that illustrates.

Regards,
Peter T