Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy excel cell to webform (search box) and press enter

Hello,

To make my job easier i was looking for a way to safe time doing what i do.

Right now i copy tracking code from cell A1 - paste it in google.com press enter - and review the info that's displayed.

I have to do each cell A1 to A200~ like this and have to review each info separately.

Can i some way speed up this process like for example, i would only need to click the cell A1(hyperlinked) - webpage loads to google.com - cell data copied in field and auto pressed enter?

How can i achieve this?

Any help is appreciated as i have no clue what so ever on this subject.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Google this...

automate google search excel

...pick through the 216,000 results!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sunday, June 8, 2014 9:30:11 PM UTC+2, GS wrote:
Google this...

automate google search excel

..pick through the 216,000 results!

--

Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

I was using google as an example, i found this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...te-to-web-form it's exactly what i need, the problem is that i don't know how to edit his code with the answer that was given to him.

They are huge dicks there and refuse to help for some reason...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sunday, June 8, 2014 9:30:11 PM UTC+2, GS wrote:
Google this...

automate google search excel

..pick through the 216,000 results!

--

Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

I was using google as an example, i found this
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...te-to-web-form
it's exactly what i need, the problem is that i don't know how to
edit his code with the answer that was given to him.

They are huge dicks there and refuse to help for some reason...

You have to view the source of the Google webpage to see what the
element IDs are for what you use to paste the tracking code into, and
what button to click to start the search. Replace the element names in
the example code with what you find your webpage uses.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I found this on the search result for vbforums.com. My understanding is
that it returns the 1st search result...

="http://www.google.com/search?q="&A1&"%22&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky"

...where A1 contains the search criteria. I suspect, though, that you
can convert this from a formula to a hyperlink that opens the search
results page in your web browser...

In A1:
automate google search excel

In B1:

=HYPERLINK("http://www.google.com/search?q="&A1&"%22&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky","Goog le
Search")

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sunday, June 8, 2014 10:57:12 PM UTC+2, GS wrote:
I found this on the search result for vbforums.com. My understanding is

that it returns the 1st search result...

="http://www.google.com/search?q="&A1&"%22&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky"

..where A1 contains the search criteria. I suspect, though, that you

can convert this from a formula to a hyperlink that opens the search

results page in your web browser...

In A1:

automate google search excel

In B1:

=HYPERLINK("http://www.google.com/search?q="&A1&"%22&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky","Goog le

Search")

--

Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

I can't hyperlink the links like that, since the website i am using isn't like google as in "search?q="&A1&"%22&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky","Goo gle" it's a private website and it doesn't containc /search?q in the url.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't hyperlink the links like that, since the website i am using
isn't like google as in
"search?q="&A1&"%22&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky","Goo gle" it's a private
website and it doesn't containc /search?q in the url.

Well hey, nice to know this but would have been better if this was
stated up front. In this case, revert to using the same code you found
subject to my suggested approach regarding the element IDs for using
it.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

FYI
My website reads this info from the url and processes it
'behind-the-scenes' to hidden elements on the target webpage. The code
you found will work so long as you know the element IDs!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:41:48 PM UTC+2, GS wrote:
FYI

My website reads this info from the url and processes it

'behind-the-scenes' to hidden elements on the target webpage. The code

you found will work so long as you know the element IDs!

--

Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Ye sorry for that, i found this in the mean time and it works like a charm http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...cking-a-button ...

except for one thing... The tracking# is located inside the macro, what i would want is for me to highlight a cell in excel and then run the macro, so that the tracking# from that cell is pasted into the websites form.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:48:11 PM UTC+2, wrote:
On Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:41:48 PM UTC+2, GS wrote:

FYI

My website reads this info from the url and processes it

'behind-the-scenes' to hidden elements on the target webpage. The code

you found will work so long as you know the element IDs!

--

Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Ye sorry for that, i found this in the mean time and it works like a charm http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...cking-a-button ...

except for one thing... The tracking# is located inside the macro, what i would want is for me to highlight a cell in excel and then run the macro, so that the tracking# from that cell is pasted into the websites form.

I solved it with: ie.Document.getElementById("trackNums").Value = Selection.Cells(1).Text

Thanks for the help :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

Well I wasn't much help, IMO. Glad you found what you needed!

Though if you said you were tracking UPS shipments from the start...