Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Large Model Question

Hello!

I have a few excel model files of the following sizes - 200 megabytes, 320 megabytes and 650 megabytes. I have 4 sets of data to be calculated by these models and combined in a single file. They can be either recalculated 4 times for each of the data sets - their results stored in a single file and then combined in a report after the final calculation. Or - I am thinking of buying more ram for my excel 64 and open up 4 instances of the aforementioned model files for each of the data set - so that all can be calculated at once. I calculated the total size of the models in memory would be 1600 megabytes - in the last case 6500 megabytes. I have Xeon e5-1650 - not sure if the last setup would work better - please let me know. It would allow to bypass the intervening stage of storing the separate results and combining them afterwards.

Will be happy to hear what you think!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:12:14 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

I think a report file could be created that would use macros to fetch then necessary info from each to that file.

BTW, have you cleaned out the sludge in your files and changed formulas that are no longer needed to values?