Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] semantina@gmail.com is offline

Default Large Model Question

Hello!

I have a few excel model files of the following sizes - 200 megabytes, 320 megabytes and 650 megabytes. I have 4 sets of data to be calculated by these models and combined in a single file. They can be either recalculated 4 times for each of the data sets - their results stored in a single file and then combined in a report after the final calculation. Or - I am thinking of buying more ram for my excel 64 and open up 4 instances of the aforementioned model files for each of the data set - so that all can be calculated at once. I calculated the total size of the models in memory would be 1600 megabytes - in the last case 6500 megabytes. I have Xeon e5-1650 - not sure if the last setup would work better - please let me know. It would allow to bypass the intervening stage of storing the separate results and combining them afterwards.

Will be happy to hear what you think!