Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default modified date of the file

HI,

I have the folder( sub folders) keywords in column A and the folder paths in column B. I need to macro to search the folder with the keyword in the path and it should throws message "PASS" if folder exists or "FAIL" if folder doesn't exists in column C. Also if folder exists, it should show last modified date in column D.

Please do the needful.

Thanks in advance for your help..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

naveencn023 wrote:

I have the folder( sub folders) keywords in column A and the folder
paths in column B. I need to macro to search the folder with the keyword
in the path and it should throws message "PASS" if folder exists or
"FAIL" if folder doesn't exists in column C. Also if folder exists, it
should show last modified date in column D.

Please do the needful.

Thanks in advance for your help..

Did you try to do it yourself? If so, post what you've already got, so we can
give you some pointers.

If not, I'll do it for you, US$1000, paid in advance, no refunds.

--
You'd have better luck trying to artificially inseminate a brick.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

naveencn023 wrote:

I have the folder( sub folders) keywords in column A and the folder
paths in column B. I need to macro to search the folder with the
keyword in the path and it should throws message "PASS" if folder
exists or "FAIL" if folder doesn't exists in column C. Also if
folder exists, it should show last modified date in column D.

Please do the needful.

Thanks in advance for your help..

Did you try to do it yourself? If so, post what you've already got,
so we can give you some pointers.

If not, I'll do it for you, US$1000, paid in advance, no refunds.

<bg!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sunday, April 13, 2014 9:43:53 AM UTC+5:30, Auric__ wrote:
naveencn023 wrote:

I have the folder( sub folders) keywords in column A and the folder

paths in column B. I need to macro to search the folder with the keyword

in the path and it should throws message "PASS" if folder exists or

"FAIL" if folder doesn't exists in column C. Also if folder exists, it

should show last modified date in column D.

Please do the needful.

Thanks in advance for your help..

Did you try to do it yourself? If so, post what you've already got, so we can

give you some pointers.

If not, I'll do it for you, US$1000, paid in advance, no refunds.

--

You'd have better luck trying to artificially inseminate a brick.

Hi,

I have the below mentioned code which will retrieve only file present/ not and i want to retrieve last modified date of the file too...

Sub IsItThere()
Dim KeyWd As String
Dim Pathh As String, fName As String
Dim N As Long, J As Long
N = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For J = 1 To N
KeyWd = Cells(J, 1).Value
Pathh = Cells(J, 2).Value
If Right(Pathh, 1) = "\" Then
Pathh = Mid(Pathh, 1, Len(Pathh) - 1)
End If
Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace((Pathh))

For Each strFileName In objFolder.Items
fName = objFolder.GetDetailsOf(strFileName, 0)
If InStr(1, fName, KeyWd) 0 Then
Cells(J, 3).Value = "File Present"
GoTo NextRecord
End If