Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default date file modified

Is there any way (header/footer or in a cell) to display the date the
workbook was modified? I know you can look up the modified date in
File/Properties, but don't know how to display that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way to do this would be to write a Workbook_BeforeSave event macro
that populates a particular cell with the current time and date. That
will be a static value that won't change until the next save, and will
thereby represent the "last modified" time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)