Junior Member

Default Auto open/refresh/close workbook?

Ok, so here is my problem. It's a tough one.

I need to go in, in the middle of the night, and refresh all of the workbooks ina folder (or perhaps one workbook might be enough). The file is large so the refresh takes almost a full minute.

I know I can't refresh a colsed workbook (right?), so my only thought is to have a macro in another workbook that I leave open and at a certain time (every 12 hours etc.), have it open the other workbook, refresh it, and save/close it. I may be asking too much of excel, I don't know. The other option is to put the macro right in the workbook I want to refresh...so that every 12 hours it will auto open, refresh and save/close.

Is this possible? I think it is. I hope it is.

Thanks!