Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error After Copying Excel 2003 Macros and Toolbars from Windows Vistato Windows 7

The following are located correctly in the new computer:

Excel11.xlb in \Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel
Personal.xls in \Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTAR T

The toolbar icons provided by Microsoft Excel work fine.

The problem--When I click on an icon with a macro that I wrote in the old computer, I get the following message:

The macro "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLS TART
\PERSONAL.XLS'!MY_MACRO' cannot be found."

For each of the icons with macros that I wrote, if I assign the macro name, with the same spelling, from the list provided by Excel in Personal.xls, it works. However, is there something I can do to make everything work at once?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If your macros are fired from custom menus or custom toolbar then you
should destroy them at shutdown so they don't persist in the TLB. This
way, all you need to do is transfer your Personal.xls file.

Any custom menus/toolbars you create at startup will not persist when
another user runs Excel (AFAIK)! Better yet is to put your macros in an
addin if they need to be used by others.

I assume you know custom menus/toolbars appear on the Addins tab in
XL12 and later!<g

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!