Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to differentiate two images inside the excel ? (only 2 type ofimages, needs to differentiate as boolean)

Dear Friends,

I am facing a challenge in a data source provided with 2 type of images instead of TRUE or FALSE (BOOLEAN). The image dimensions and almost all the properties are similar when I checked ths shape properties in Excel for both images. It would so grateful if you can provide me with some clue to differentiate those images.

Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards
Ratheesh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ratheesh wrote:
Dear Friends,

I am facing a challenge in a data source provided with 2 type of images instead of TRUE or FALSE (BOOLEAN). The image dimensions and almost all the properties are similar when I checked ths shape properties in Excel for both images. It would so grateful if you can provide me with some clue to differentiate those images.

if almost all properties are similar use those which are not.

I will try find another solution later.

in the meantime check if

activesheet.Shapes("yourpicturename").oleformat.ob ject does not give
you any property which is different.

It would be perfect if you code post you file somewhere.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 01/03/2013 06:26, Ratheesh wrote:
Dear Friends,

I am facing a challenge in a data source provided with 2 type of images instead of TRUE or FALSE (BOOLEAN). The image dimensions and almost all the properties are similar when I checked ths shape properties in Excel for both images. It would so grateful if you can provide me with some clue to differentiate those images.

Many thanks in advance!

This sounds like homework to me. Explain what you have tried so far and
how big the images are.

I can't think of any way to get Excel to allow you access to the raw
bitmap of a shape object so you would be down to saving to disk and
comparing them or CRC. Making the sizes of the two images representing
true and false different would be your easiest way forwards.

Martin Brown
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can click each image to see its name appear in the namebox left of
the FormulaBar. Use the name to ref each image, or rename them to suit.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Friday, March 1, 2013 11:56:48 AM UTC+5:30, Ratheesh wrote:
Dear Friends,

I am facing a challenge in a data source provided with 2 type of images instead of TRUE or FALSE (BOOLEAN). The image dimensions and almost all the properties are similar when I checked ths shape properties in Excel for both images. It would so grateful if you can provide me with some clue to differentiate those images.

Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Ratheesh

Friends!
Thanks for all your replies.

Finally I reached in a wicked way ;)

Martin, I was trying all the properties of the shape Object inside excel spreadsheet, but unfortunately could not find out a way to differentiate them :(
My data source is an excel file, contains many fields including a check box(just an image of check box, 1 with a tick mark and the other one is without!), the small images of check boxes are around 5000!

Now I did a loop with the count of images
Took the name of each image.
created a function to save the image in a temporary folder
picked-up the shape size in bytes and got the difference!

Hope this help someone really stuck-up something like this..

Thank you.
Ratheesh