Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default adding hours and minutes to a time value.

Can someone please help me with a time function.

This is for a manufacturing setting. I have the start time of the shift as the time in one cell. The number in another cell is the expected run speed on the line that I would like to add to the time. Does it make a difference that one in time format and the other is a number?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Monday, October 1, 2012 1:10:42 PM UTC-4, Joe Solsbee wrote:
Can someone please help me with a time function. This is for a manufacturing setting. I have the start time of the shift as the time in one cell. The number in another cell is the expected run speed on the line that I would like to add to the time. Does it make a difference that one in time format and the other is a number?

Below is what I am having trouble with. I need to add the run time to the start time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Filler Speed 3000

Start Time 12:30
Units Scheduled Run Time Finish Time
Product Code 28597 4500 1.50
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Joe,

Am Mon, 1 Oct 2012 10:57:01 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Joe Solsbee:

Start Time 12:30
Units Scheduled Run Time Finish Time
Product Code 28597 4500 1.50

if the run time is in hours, then:
start time + run time / 24

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Monday, October 1, 2012 1:10:42 PM UTC-4, Joe Solsbee wrote:
Can someone please help me with a time function. This is for a manufacturing setting. I have the start time of the shift as the time in one cell. The number in another cell is the expected run speed on the line that I would like to add to the time. Does it make a difference that one in time format and the other is a number?

Thank you Claus, that fixed it. I feel stupid since that was so easy!