Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel as a one step time clock

I am a rank amatuer with Excel, conciously incompetent, who works helping people with challenges develop work ready habits and skills.
I have need for a one step sign in process so I don't have to rely on my rehab students to enter the qctual time they arrive to training. State agencies are my customers and they require accuracy.

I'd like the client to just enter a charecter string and have recorded on an excel workbook page the indentity associated with that string, the system time the string was entered and if possible indentify if it is a login or logout. If it displayed it for the client that would be great. Clients log in on arrival in the morning, in and out for lunch and out at the end of the day.

I prefer using excel becaus then I can export the info to the many different forms we use to report client activity to all the revenue sources who are paying for the clients rehabilitation.

I deeply appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank You Elwood