Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default data object / text box integration

I have a data object (myData). I am trying to import this information into a text box (results) in my worksheet (sheet2) but running into problems with type mismatch errors and the such. How to I get the information from myData into Results?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Friday, August 24, 2012 7:09:03 AM UTC-7, Matthew Dyer wrote:
I have a data object (myData). I am trying to import this information into a text box (results) in my worksheet (sheet2) but running into problems with type mismatch errors and the such. How to I get the information from myData into Results?

So I was able to find a possible solution. Declairing a string variable (mystr) and setting the value for it with mystr = myData.GetText - now the problem i'm coming across is instead of vbnewline placing a 'carriage' in my string i am getting the paragraph charachter in my text box. How do i fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Friday, August 24, 2012 10:28:28 AM UTC-7, Matthew Dyer wrote:
On Friday, August 24, 2012 7:09:03 AM UTC-7, Matthew Dyer wrote: I have a data object (myData). I am trying to import this information into a text box (results) in my worksheet (sheet2) but running into problems with type mismatch errors and the such. How to I get the information from myData into Results? So I was able to find a possible solution. Declairing a string variable (mystr) and setting the value for it with mystr = myData.GetText - now the problem i'm coming across is instead of vbnewline placing a 'carriage' in my string i am getting the paragraph charachter in my text box. How do i fix this?

OK, figured it out. Had to change the properties of my text box to allow multilines. This may help someone else out!!