Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Integration between VB and Excel

While attempting to build a dynamic activity calender I have given up o
the "basic" fomulas in Excel because it is only possible to embed up t
seven fomulas in one (i.e. I have embedded seven "If...then" formula
into one big motherf...). This big fomula is called in an "overview
calender and refers to data in another spreadsheet containing
detailed calender, and my problem is that I want to be able to proces
more than the possible 7-in-1 formula and I figure that the way to d
that is to make a loop in VBA. Is it possible to integrate a loop i
excel without making it as an "update" macro? So that when I plot dat
in the "data" spreadsheet it shows in the general calender without m
having to press update?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/nested.htm

for your specific question, you can create a user defined function that can
be used in a worksheet like a built in function. If you represent your
dependencies in the function arguments, it will be calculated as appropriate
like built in functions.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kreller " wrote in message
While attempting to build a dynamic activity calender I have given up on
the "basic" fomulas in Excel because it is only possible to embed up to
seven fomulas in one (i.e. I have embedded seven "If...then" formulas
into one big motherf...). This big fomula is called in an "overview"
calender and refers to data in another spreadsheet containing a
detailed calender, and my problem is that I want to be able to process
more than the possible 7-in-1 formula and I figure that the way to do
that is to make a loop in VBA. Is it possible to integrate a loop in
excel without making it as an "update" macro? So that when I plot data
in the "data" spreadsheet it shows in the general calender without me
having to press update??

---