Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JBruxer

Default Excel integration with databases

I am wondering about the integration between Excel and an Oracle database.

What I am trying to do is develop a form that will pull data from an Oracle
view, allow for users to update information, and then save the data into
another table. Is this possible? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips

You can use ADO and SQL to do so.

How To Transfer Data from ADO Data Source to Excel with ADO

SAMPLE: ExcelADO Demonstrates How to Use ADO to Read and Write Data in Excel
Workbooks

How To Use ADO with Excel Data from Visual Basic or VBA

Also see Carl Prothman' site
http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81for connection strings.
MySQL even has an OLE DB provider so you can use that rather than ODBC
http://www.carlprothman.net/Default....oviderForMySQL

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"JBruxer" wrote in message
I am wondering about the integration between Excel and an Oracle database.

What I am trying to do is develop a form that will pull data from an

Oracle
view, allow for users to update information, and then save the data into
another table. Is this possible? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JBruxer

I have looked through all of these articles, but I dont see any of them
providing solutions that will fit my need. Perhaps I should clarify my
question a bit. I am using odbc to connect to my oracle view. In which, I
have a form created in Excel. What I would like to do is have all values
exported into another table which I can then have a stored procedure move the
data into our main database.