Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Function not working on one machine

I have created a macro that uses the key word "Right" as in right("123456789",6) to return the right six characters of a string. The example above would return 456789.

This macro runs fine on my workstation, but when I give it to a co-worker, who has the identical setup, it fails saying it can't find a function or library.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

richard.mogy wrote:

I have created a macro that uses the key word "Right" as in
right("123456789",6) to return the right six characters of a string. The
example above would return 456789.

This macro runs fine on my workstation, but when I give it to a
co-worker, who has the identical setup, it fails saying it can't find a
function or library.

What can I do?

Something's wrong with your co-worker's machine -- Right (or RIGHT$) has been
in the language for at least 30 years. Reinstalling on that machine may or
may not fix it.

--
Here you go America -- you are free to do what we tell you!
You are free to do what we tell you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your co-worker is missing one or more of the workbooks references -
remove the unknown references from the workbook on your co-workers PC,
and everything should work fine again :-)

VBE - Tools - References...

CE