Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SUMPRODUCT anomoly

Hi Guy's

Not sure if anyone else has come across this.

When using vba to set certain values within an array of values to which
I am using SumProduct to draw specific data from, if fails to calculate.

If I enter the values manually, it works fine; any thoughts as to why
there is an issue between vba value pasting and manual entering...

TIA
Mick.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Living the Dream" wrote:
When using vba to set certain values within an array of
values to which I am using SumProduct to draw specific
data from, if fails to calculate.

If I enter the values manually, it works fine; any thoughts
as to why there is an issue between vba value pasting and
manual entering...

My thoughts a we need to see a concrete example.

WorksheetFunction.SumProduct works just fine in VBA, if you use it
correctly.

The last condition is the key. You probably misunderstand how to use
WorksheetFunction.SumProduct.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

PS.... I wrote:
"Living the Dream" wrote:
When using vba to set certain values within an array of
values to which I am using SumProduct to draw specific
data from, if fails to calculate.

If I enter the values manually, it works fine; any thoughts
as to why there is an issue between vba value pasting and
manual entering...

My thoughts a we need to see a concrete example.

WorksheetFunction.SumProduct works just fine in VBA, if you use it
correctly.

The last condition is the key. You probably misunderstand how to use
WorksheetFunction.SumProduct.

Or you are setting the "values within an array of values" incorrectly. Your
description is ambiguous.

In any case, the point is: show us exactly what you are doing, and we can
tell you exactly what you are doing wrong.