Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 Pivot Table Anomoly

I have a workbook in Excel 2003 which has a worksheet contain <100 records of
patient diagnosis.

When I do a pivot table to do a €˜count of diagnosis it returns the count of
diagnosis but bizarrely adds a 2 to the end of some diagnosis labels.
Count of BPD
BPD Total
(blank)
Acute Polymorphic Psychotic Disorder 1
Acute Psychosis 3
Acute Psychotic Episode 2
Alcohol Dependence 3
Alzheimer's Disease2 1
Anorexia Nervosa 1
Bipolar Effective Disorder 5
BPD 1
Chronic Alcohol Dependence 1
Dementia/Schizophrenia 1
Dementia2 1
Depression 2
Drug induced psychosis 1
Emotionally Unstable PD 2
Generalised Anxiety Disorder 1
Hebephrenic Schizophrenia2 1
Heroin Dependence2 1
Mania 1
Mixed Dementia 1
Mixed Vascular Dementia 1
Paranoid Personality Disorder 1
Paranoid Psychosis2 2
Paranoid Schizophrenia2 5
PD 1
Recurrent Depressive Disorder 2
Schizoid Affective Disorder 3
Schizophrenia 8
Severe Depression 3
Vascular Dementia 5
Grand Total 61

Yet exactly the same data from another column is labelled ok..

Any idea why this should be.

Thanks

Trevor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks dave but no dulicate colum headers.

The colums containing the data are headed
6 ProvDiag
7 EstDiag
Each pivot table only counts one column of data

Trevor Aiston wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Then, there is a possibility that the items have been modified
manually.
Can you rebuild the pivot table ?
Daniel