Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CTB CTB is offline

Default VBA.Interaction.Shell ("msg.exe") = Run-time error '53': File Not found

Using:
Windows 7 Professional x64
MS Excel 2010 (x32)

Hello all,

When I try to use MSG.exe in VBA with VBA.Interaction.Shell, I get "File not found". When I use MSG.EXE from a command window, everything works fine.

Anyone know what is going on? Has anyone come across this? Anyone know how to get this to work or know of a work-around?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

CTB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

CTB explained on 4/18/2012 :
Using:
Windows 7 Professional x64
MS Excel 2010 (x32)

Hello all,

When I try to use MSG.exe in VBA with VBA.Interaction.Shell, I get "File not
found". When I use MSG.EXE from a command window, everything works fine.

Anyone know what is going on? Has anyone come across this? Anyone know how
to get this to work or know of a work-around?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

CTB

Take a look at using VBA's Shell() function -OR- the ShellExecute() API
function. Note that both require a full path and filename!

Example:
Shell "fullpath\MSG.exe" 'starts MSG app

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc