Junior Member

Default inventory problem

Hi

I havn't used excel in a while, but I have an inventory problem to solve. There currently is no system at present. Simple as it sounds, to get an idea of products coming in and going out.

I can imagine a quantity colomn (stock that is left), a transaction colomn ( where the operator may register the sale) and perhaps from this - a monthly sales colomn.

I figure you can only go some way to implementing this through using formula. Can macros be used in this instance? Is there a way of producing such a spreadsheet? And can anybody perhaps suggest a good template for excel 2003.

My Idea:
What will be included along with quantity details, transactions and sales figures is the partA number, the name of the item, description of the item, item cost price, item retail price. PartB number,the name of the item, description of the item . It is expected that one user will update the system. However at this present moment in time I'm only considering a small portion of stock.

Thanks very much for any consideration, and any direction or help is very much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are a small number of Excel Inventory templates here...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...d-a2190c968cf9

'----
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

[...]