Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User Defined Function

Hello There,

When I write User Defined Function as below and use it, it returns
the output in the function argument dialogue box, but the out put is
not shown in the cell I wanted, instead I still see FALSE. The cell
type I use is "General".

Function test(num)
Select Case num
Case Is 0
test = "Positive"
Case Is = 0
test = "Zero"
Case Is < 0
test = "Negative"
End Select
End Function

Your help is appreciated!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try adding a catch-all "Case Else" to your Select to see if your other
cases aren't being triggered

Tim

On Jan 23, 9:33*am, Yugi Gokavarapu <yugandhar.gokavarapu-
wrote:
Hello There,

When I *write User Defined Function as below and use it, it returns
the output in the function argument dialogue box, but the out put is
not shown in the cell I wanted, instead I still see FALSE. *The cell
type I use is "General".

Function test(num)
* * Select Case num
* * * * *Case Is 0
* * * * * * * *test = "Positive"
* * * * Case Is = 0
* * * * * * * *test = "Zero"
* * * * Case Is < 0
* * * * * * * *test = "Negative"
* * End Select
End Function

Your help is appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yugi Gokavarapu has brought this to us :
Hello There,

When I write User Defined Function as below and use it, it returns
the output in the function argument dialogue box, but the out put is
not shown in the cell I wanted, instead I still see FALSE. The cell
type I use is "General".

Function test(num)
Select Case num
Case Is 0
test = "Positive"
Case Is = 0
test = "Zero"
Case Is < 0
test = "Negative"
End Select
End Function

Your help is appreciated!!

It works fine for me 'as is'!

--
Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jan 23, 3:04*pm, GS wrote:
Yugi Gokavarapu has brought this to us :

Hello There,

When I *write User Defined Function as below and use it, it returns
the output in the function argument dialogue box, but the out put is
not shown in the cell I wanted, instead I still see FALSE. *The cell
type I use is "General".

Function test(num)
* * Select Case num
* * * * *Case Is 0
* * * * * * * *test = "Positive"
* * * * Case Is = 0
* * * * * * * *test = "Zero"
* * * * Case Is < 0
* * * * * * * *test = "Negative"
* * End Select
End Function

Your help is appreciated!!

It works fine for me 'as is'!

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org

I wonder why it is not working, any settings need to be modified?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It could be that a function by default returns a boolean value (True/
False).
Try changing it to return a text value: Function Test(num) as String
-pb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yugi Gokavarapu explained on 1/24/2012 :
On Jan 23, 3:04*pm, GS wrote:
[...]

WHERE is the function located? It should in a standard module!

--
Garry