Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data in columns

In my Excel spreadsheet:

col A contains last names
col B contains first names
col C contains middle initials
col D contains suffixes (for example, JR, SR, III, etc).

When I save the spreadsheet as a TEXT file and open that file in a
text-editor, the columnar-formatting is lost (i.e., the last names,
first names, middle initials and suffixes are no longer in columns).

How can I save the spreadsheet as a TEXT file and keep the columnar-
formatting?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 22, 10:29*am, gary wrote:
In my Excel spreadsheet:

col A contains last names
col B contains first names
col C contains middle initials
col D contains suffixes (for example, JR, SR, III, etc).

When I save the spreadsheet as a TEXT file and open that file in a
text-editor, the columnar-formatting is lost (i.e., the last names,
first names, middle initials and suffixes are no longer in columns).

How can I save the spreadsheet as a TEXT file and keep the columnar-
formatting?

Try saving as .CSV and you will see with commas between.