Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA assistance

Dear experts
I have inherited an excel spreadsheet which details staff attendance
over a six month period, I have made some adjustments to include self
calculating numbers of staff on duty etc. The sheet has a monthly drop
down list which allows you to select the next month and go straight to
that sheet (visual basic I think). The issue I have is for each row
(allocated to a member of Staff) when I input attendance or absence
from a validated list, it copies this into the corresponding cell in
all monthly sheets. Obviously I don’t want that to happen. Any
assistance welcome.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jul 21, 9:00*am, wrote:
Dear experts
I have inherited an excel spreadsheet which details staff attendance
over a six month period, I have made some adjustments to include self
calculating numbers of staff on duty etc. The sheet has a monthly drop
down list which allows you to select the next month and go straight to
that sheet (visual basic I think). The issue I have is for each row
(allocated to a member of Staff) when I input attendance or absence
from a validated list, it copies this into the corresponding cell in
all monthly sheets. Obviously I don’t want that to happen. Any
assistance welcome.

If desired, send your file to dguillett1 @gmail.com I will only look
if:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Impossible to speculate without seeing the code.
Open up the VB Editor using Alt+F11. In the left hand VBA Project
window click on ThisWorkbook for your Excel file (Project). Are any
macros present in the right hand window starting with Private Sub? It
looks like your code is running a macro called SheetCalculate or
SheetChange. Resend this email with any Private Sub macros pasted in
too. Send it as a new mail as a lot of people won't open mails with 2
or more contributors (as they take them to be solved).
regards
Paul

On Jul 21, 3:00*pm, wrote:
Dear experts
I have inherited an excel spreadsheet which details staff attendance
over a six month period, I have made some adjustments to include self
calculating numbers of staff on duty etc. The sheet has a monthly drop
down list which allows you to select the next month and go straight to
that sheet (visual basic I think). The issue I have is for each row
(allocated to a member of Staff) when I input attendance or absence
from a validated list, it copies this into the corresponding cell in
all monthly sheets. Obviously I don’t want that to happen. Any
assistance welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave

It would be handy if you could post some code so we have an opportunity to
see whats happening.

If you are unsure how to access the code, <ALT+F11 will open the VBE Window
and you will be able to access Modules that are attached to the file which
will appear in the Left window pane in the section just under ThisWorkbook.

Cheers
Mick.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The same thing is also happening in the Access NG too.

comp.databases.ms-access NG has not updated any new messages outside of my
own, intriguing to say the least....

Mick.