Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automation Error

I have an Excel application where this error pops up. It is a fairly large application in terms of code but is not really complicated. I run code from buttons on userforms. This code generally opens one or more other workbooks, extracts/updates information from these workbooks, closes them, and exits. I am not opening other applications.

At the end of a button_click event procedure I get err/description "-2147417848 Automation error The object invoked has been disconnected from its clients". The proc opens a workbook, finds a record in that workbook, loads the fields of the userform accordingly, and closes the workbook. Strangely, the code appears to do everything it should, just this error at the end, apparently at the Exit statement..The only negative impact (aside from the message) seems to be that the ctrl-break stops working.

Does anyone have any information about this for me? I am going crazy and my deadline is fast approaching. Can I just ignore the error? As I said, the code appears to complete successfully with no visible impact except the error message and the ctrl-break no longer working.

Please help!

David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It happens that mondrogan formulated :
[...]

How are you accessing the data? If using an ADODB data object then you
must destroy the object before you close the file being accessed by it.
Not sure why you're opening each workbook anyway, since ADO can grab
the data without having to open the actual workbook in Excel.

--
Garry