Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check whether URL exists

Is there a way to check whether a URL exists without downloading the
file?

I'm downlong a list of files from URLs using URLDownloadToFile. It
works fine, but I also need a way to quickly check whether all files
in a list of URLs are already downloaded to a given folder, without
taking the time to download each one.

I'm targeting Excel 2002, and I can't assume the user has anything
installed that isn't normally installed with Windows.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 11, 4:43*pm, Greg Lovern wrote:
*Is there a way to check whether a URL exists without downloading the
file?

I'm downlong a list of files from URLs using URLDownloadToFile. It
works fine, but I also need a way to quickly check whether all files
in a list of URLs are already downloaded to a given folder, without
taking the time to download each one.

I'm targeting Excel 2002, and I can't assume the user has anything
installed that isn't normally installed with Windows.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg

google found a couple of hits which might assist/answer your need:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343208
http://www.sqldrill.com/excel/progra...rl-exists.html
http://officeone.mvps.org/vba/http_file_exists.html
http://forums.techguy.org/business-a...-find-if..html