Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Summary View From Database

Hi,

I have a database with the following structure (description of first
four columns):

ID MD Dir Team
DP1 Ron Rick T1
DP2 Ron Sam T2
DP3 Ron Sam T2
DP4 Joe Sean T3
DP5 Joe Sean T3
DP6 Joe Patrick T4
DP7 Joe Patrick T4
DP8 Joe Lina T5
DP9 Rich Greg T6
DP10 Rich Matt T7
DP11 Rich Paul T8
DP12 Rich Mohan T9
DP13 Rich Mohan T9
DP14 Sera Rima T10
DP15 Sera Rima T10

After the first four columns there are a bunch of other columns that
contain the several different stats about each data point DP1, 2, 3, 4
etc.

I am looking to create a summary view out of the above based on the
selection of MD Name as described below:

MD = Ron (Selected from a drop down list of all the MDs)

Team Name T1 T2
Dir Rick Sam

If MD = Joe, then

Team Name T3 T4 T5
Dir Sean Patrick Lina

Once I have above output generated then I have to summarize the stats
about the DPs for those teams for a given MD. Since there are multiple
teams / Dir for each MD and the number is not constant, I am unsure
how to create above table without using pivot table. The reason I
don't want to create a pivot table is because I need several different
stats, which would mean creating multiple pivots. But if I can
generate an output like above dynamically based on MD selection then I
will be able to write formulas to compute the rest.

I'll really appreciate if anyone can help me with a VBA code to do
this. Many Thanks.

Regards,
-AG