Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Determine which user has write access to a file?

If an Excel 2007 workbook file is currently opened by another user, Excel
will display a message box telling you exactly which user has the
file open.

If Excel knows who currently has write access to a workbook, does
that mean there is a function somewhere that I can use to determine
the username of a file that is currently open?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 5, 8:55*pm, "Robert Crandal" wrote:
If an Excel 2007 workbook file is currently opened by another user, Excel
will display a message box telling you exactly which user has the
file open.

If Excel knows who currently has write access to a workbook, does
that mean there is a function somewhere that I can use to determine
the username of a file that is currently open?

Thank you!

Hi Robert:

How about:

Sub dural()
MsgBox ThisWorkbook.WriteReservedBy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"James Ravenswood" wrote in message

Hi Robert:

How about:

Sub dural()
MsgBox ThisWorkbook.WriteReservedBy
End Sub

James

How about....thank you for providing the answer I been
searching for a long time! 8)

Robert