-   -   Determine which user has write access to a file? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/444310-determine-user-has-write-access-file.html)

Robert Crandal[_2_]

Determine which user has write access to a file?

If an Excel 2007 workbook file is currently opened by another user, Excel
will display a message box telling you exactly which user has the
file open.

If Excel knows who currently has write access to a workbook, does
that mean there is a function somewhere that I can use to determine
the username of a file that is currently open?

Thank you!

James Ravenswood

On Mar 5, 8:55*pm, "Robert Crandal" wrote:
If an Excel 2007 workbook file is currently opened by another user, Excel
will display a message box telling you exactly which user has the
file open.

If Excel knows who currently has write access to a workbook, does
that mean there is a function somewhere that I can use to determine
the username of a file that is currently open?

Thank you!

Hi Robert:

How about:

Sub dural()
MsgBox ThisWorkbook.WriteReservedBy
End Sub

Robert Crandal[_2_]

"James Ravenswood" wrote in message

Hi Robert:

How about:

Sub dural()
MsgBox ThisWorkbook.WriteReservedBy
End Sub

James

How about....thank you for providing the answer I been
searching for a long time! 8)

Robert