Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run macro from email

Hi.
I've created an application which registers employees comments in the
database. After user enters a comment, an email is sent to everyone
interested. The email is filled with some details about the comment,
including a link to a network location, where the comments xlsm file
is located.

My question is, if it's possible to prepare this link to run the code
from this file with a parameter?

From excel to excel I can use:
Application.Run "\\server\folder\comments.xlsm!CommentsForm", 12345
where 12345 is a parameter.

How to do that in email (HTML format)? Now I'm creating a normal
hyperlink:
but it's only opening a file.

I was thinking about Workbook_Open event - but still I need to pass
the parameter somehow.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Kamil

email macro terilad Excel Programming 2 February 23rd 10 11:10 PM
Using Macro how to create email link for the email addresses in aRange or Selection Satish[_2_] Excel Worksheet Functions 8 December 28th 09 03:30 PM
Macro for Email - Sending to email addresses in cell Brice Excel Programming 2 January 26th 09 07:28 AM
Excel VBA macro to send email attachment from default email client wifigoo Excel Programming 2 April 12th 08 03:54 PM
How do I create an email macro to auto fill the email? Justin[_4_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 November 14th 07 10:49 PM