Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kamil[_3_] Kamil[_3_] is offline

Default Run macro from email

Hi.
I've created an application which registers employees comments in the
database. After user enters a comment, an email is sent to everyone
interested. The email is filled with some details about the comment,
including a link to a network location, where the comments xlsm file
is located.

My question is, if it's possible to prepare this link to run the code
from this file with a parameter?

From excel to excel I can use:
Application.Run "\\server\folder\comments.xlsm!CommentsForm", 12345
where 12345 is a parameter.

How to do that in email (HTML format)? Now I'm creating a normal
hyperlink:
but it's only opening a file.

I was thinking about Workbook_Open event - but still I need to pass
the parameter somehow.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Kamil