Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Select and sum all numbered cells in Column A

In columnA I have a mixture of numbers and and text in cells, I would
just like to sum the numbers in the column and place the value in
another cell

ColumnA
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9

Get sum of the numbers

Thanks to all.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this site explains how to use Special Cells to select just numbers in
a range and sum them
http://www.davesexcel.com/apps/forum...ells?page=last
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=sum(a1:a10)
or
=sum(a:a)

will ignore text entries in the specified range.

--
Dave Peterson