Steve E

Default How do I get the sum of only odd/even numbered cells in a column?

I need help with the formula to sum up only the odd or even numbers in a
column. I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks,
Steve
Peo Sjoblom

One way,

even

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A10,2)=0),A1:A10)

odd

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A10,2)=1),A1:A10)

Peo Sjoblom

"Steve E" <Steve wrote in message
I need help with the formula to sum up only the odd or even numbers in a
column. I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks,
Steve

Bob Phillips

=SUM(IF(MOD(A1:A100,2)=0,A1:A100))

for even numbers, and

=SUM(IF(MOD(A1:A100,2)=1,A1:A100))

for odd numbers.

These are array formulae, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

--

HTH

RP