Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Consolidating sheets in Excel

Hi all,

I am doing up a spreadsheet of members of a sports club.

The thing is though there are many different types of members -
Juvenile, Mens playing, ladies playing, social members, family members
etc.

Is it possible to have separate sheets for each of these member types
and then to have one main sheet of all members?

Obviously I can copy and paste when a new member is entered into one
of the "sub-sheets" but i'm guessing there is a way of setting it up
so that all new members entered on one of the member-type sheets
automatically enters in the main sheet?

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would set it up as ONE sheet for all and use
DATAFILTERAUTOFILTERFILTER by type with a code or drop down
limiting the type entered in the TYPE

On Jan 25, 3:37*am, niallheavey wrote:
Hi all,

I am doing up a spreadsheet of members of a sports club.

The thing is though there are many different types of members -
Juvenile, Mens playing, ladies playing, social members, family members
etc.

Is it possible to have separate sheets for each of these member types
and then to have one main sheet of all members?

Obviously I can copy and paste when a new member is entered into one
of the "sub-sheets" but i'm guessing there is a way of setting it up
so that all new members entered on one of the member-type sheets
automatically enters in the main sheet?

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jan 25, 2:21*pm, Don Guillett Excel MVP
wrote:
[...]

Ok,

I suppose it could work but not ideal!

I might set it up like that for now but if anyone else has any other
ideas please let me know!

Thanks for your help Don, looking like its my only way of doing
things!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

niallheavey brought next idea :
wrote:
[...]

Are you saying that doing more than double the work is more ideal?
What's your time worth in terms of maximizing your productivity?

I'm of the mindset that simple and efficient is 'ideal', and anything
else is not! Why do you want separate sheets for each member type?
Going your suggested route will require some fairly complex sheet
design to make almalgamating all sheets into one an efficient (and
problem free) process. Way more work than necessary IMO.

I might set it up like that for now but if anyone else has any other
ideas please let me know!

Thanks for your help Don, looking like its my only way of doing
things!!

I agree with Don in that a single sheet be used for all since all info
fields except 'member type' would otherwise be stored in separate
columns.

I would use a dropdown in the 'member type' column that includes a
Validation list containing all member types so this can be selected
during data entry.

You could do as Don suggests and use AutoFilter to view/print a list of
each member type. If you need to print separate lists by member type
it's way easier to do from one sheet.

If you're concerned about data entry, I suggest you consider using the
Data Form.

--
Garry