Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default controls and dynamic events

Hi all, I need to do a routine in Excel VBA which allows to
dynamically create controls and then delete them. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 15, 3:31*pm, yita wrote:
Hi all, I need to do a routine in Excel VBA which allows to
dynamically create controls and then delete them. Thanks

Would it be sufficient to simply activate or inactivate existing
controls? That is fairly easy to do. It is also to change the format
of the controls.

I'm going to give this a try...
Es sufficiente para que los elementos aparacen y desaparacen ? Esto
es facil. Y ademas es facil para cambiar el formato del controles.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 16, 1:23*pm, Andrew wrote:
On Nov 15, 3:31*pm, yita wrote:

Hi all, I need to do a routine in Excel VBA which allows to
dynamically create controls and then delete them. Thanks

Would it be sufficient to simply activate or inactivate existing
controls? *That is fairly easy to do. *It is also to change the format
of the controls.

I'm going to give this a try...
Es sufficiente para que los elementos aparacen y desaparacen ? *Esto
es facil. *Y ademas es facil para cambiar el formato del controles.

What type of controls and why do you need to dynamically create and
delete them?

It probably wouldn't be too hard to do the basic part(s) creating and
deleting, but to actually
have the controls do anything might be a different matter.

Of course that would depend on what type of controls they are and what
you want to do with them.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 17, 6:02*am, norie wrote:
On Nov 16, 1:23*pm, Andrew wrote:

On Nov 15, 3:31*pm, yita wrote:

Hi all, I need to do a routine in Excel VBA which allows to
dynamically create controls and then delete them. Thanks

Would it be sufficient to simply activate or inactivate existing
controls? *That is fairly easy to do. *It is also to change the format
of the controls.

I'm going to give this a try...
Es sufficiente para que los elementos aparacen y desaparacen ? *Esto
es facil. *Y ademas es facil para cambiar el formato del controles.

What type of controls and why do you need to dynamically create and
delete them?

It probably wouldn't be too hard to do the basic part(s) creating and
deleting, but to actually
have the controls do anything might be a different matter.

Of course that would depend on what type of controls they are and what
you want to do with them.

I think the only way to deal with this would be to make a bunch of
control ahead of time, and then activate or deactivate them as
needed. This would be easy but time consuming.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:31:33 -0800, yita wrote:

Hi all, I need to do a routine in Excel VBA which allows to dynamically
create controls and then delete them. Thanks

John Walkenbach explains precisely how to do this in Excel 2003 Power
Programming With VBA. He's published later versions since then (2007 &
2010) which may well include the technique, but I've not read them so
can't verify.

If you can find a copy it will demonstrate all you need.

See ya
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia