Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Howto populate a column with values coming from another sheet

Hello to everybody.
I have an Excel workbook with two sheets.

The first one (named "CME") is the bill of components with Position,
Product Code and Quantity:
Position 1, Code1, Qty
Position 2, Code1, Qty
Position 3, Code2, Qty
Position 4, Code3, Qty
Position 5, Code2, Qty

The second one (named "MASTER DATA") is the list of Products with Code,
Description and other data.

Now I must prepare a report which must indicate both Product Code and
Product Description, so I need to get from "MASTER DATA" the right
description for each code I find in "CME".

Could you give me a macro solution or at least an example?

I thank you very much in advance.
Bye bye

--
Mardot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 11, 4:42*am, Mardot wrote:
Hello to everybody.
I have an Excel workbook with two sheets.

The first one (named "CME") is the bill of components with Position,
Product Code and Quantity:
Position 1, Code1, Qty
Position 2, Code1, Qty
Position 3, Code2, Qty
Position 4, Code3, Qty
Position 5, Code2, Qty

The second one (named "MASTER DATA") is the list of Products with Code,
Description and other data.

Now I must prepare a report which must indicate both Product Code and
Product Description, so I need to get from "MASTER DATA" the right
description for each code I find in "CME".

Could you give me a macro solution or at least an example?

I thank you very much in advance.
Bye bye

--
Mardot

For a functin solution, look in the help index for VLOOKUP. Or, a
macro
"If desired, send your file to dguillett @gmail.com I will only look
if:
4. You send before/after examples and expected results."
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Il 11/11/2010 14.26, Don Guillett Excel MVP ha scritto:

For a functin solution, look in the help index for VLOOKUP

Thank you Don, that's exactly what I was looking for.

--
Mardot