Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete duplicates based on time

Hi
I have a spreadsheet with two columns. Col1 contains duplicate
records. These duplicates can be two or three or more. Col1 only
contains duplicates i.e. it doesn't have any unique records as I have
filtered them out.

Col2 contains date and time. I want to write a script which would
enable me to delete those duplicates where time difference is less
than or equal to 15 minutes. If it is a pair, one record gets deleted.
It doesn't matter which one. If there are two or more duplicates, one
of them remains and the rest get deleted.

Could anyone please help me write this script?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 5, 2:46*pm, Zuzeppeddu wrote:
Hi
I have a spreadsheet with two columns. Col1 contains duplicate
records. These duplicates can be two or three or more. Col1 only
contains duplicates i.e. it doesn't have any unique records as I have
filtered them out.

Col2 contains date and time. I want to write a script which would
enable me to delete those duplicates where time difference is less
than or equal to 15 minutes. If it is a pair, one record gets deleted.
It doesn't matter which one. If there are two or more duplicates, one
of them remains and the rest get deleted.

Could anyone please help me write this script?

Thanks

Probably not too difficult with a looping macro from the bottom up.
"If desired, send your file to dguillett @gmail.com I will only look
if:
4. You send before/after examples and expected results."