Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB coding for complete cell copy rather than what ^C does?

This is a weird situation, if I go into a cell and press ^+C, I get
one type of output from the clipboard in a particular sheet I'm
working on. But this output is not correctly formatted in many
cases. If I go into the cell then press F2 and select the text
manually, I get the complete text. I have never seen this before so
don't know what it means.

In any event, is there some vb code out there that will mimic
selecting the cell contents manually? I can then attach that to
keystroke so no more worries. This manual process is slowing me down
considerably.

Thanks. :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 27, 8:47*am, StargateFan wrote:
This is a weird situation, if I go into a cell and press ^+C, I get
one type of output from the clipboard in a particular sheet I'm
working on. *But this output is not correctly formatted in many
cases. *If I go into the cell then press F2 and select the text
manually, I get the complete text. *I have never seen this before so
don't know what it means.

In any event, is there some vb code out there that will mimic
selecting the cell contents manually? *I can then attach that to
keystroke so no more worries. *This manual process is slowing me down
considerably.

Thanks. * :)

If you looik at the editcopy menu you will see that that is the same
as ctrl+c????
Examples?
"If desired, send your file to dguillett @gmail.com I will only look
if:
4. You send before/after examples and expected results."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don, hi.

Selecting the text manually then pressing ^+C does not always give the
same results as when you press ^+C directly on just the selected cell
in this particular sheet. I don't know why. I suspect their funky
characters in the txt _might_ have something to do with it but I don't
know. I am to copy the text, that's all I know <g.

What I need to learn is how to automate the selecting of the text
rather than manually going F2, going to beginning of cell contents,
then selecting the entire text, _then_ pressing ^+C. Just need to
know if there is vb code that will do that vs. just EDIT COPY (or
whatever it is with this darned ribbon in Excel 2007! <g).

Thanks. :oD