Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveX Properties missing from menu

Hello,

Running xl2003 & xl2007.

I知 hoping someone can point out to me what I知 missing here.

I turn on the macro recorder, and add an ActiveX control to the
worksheet. I then right click on the control, and I see the
Properties & View Code menu items. As I壇 expect.

Sub Macro3()
ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.Comma ndButton.1",
Link:=False _
, DisplayAsIcon:=False, Left:=143.25, Top:=59.25, Width:=96,
Height:= _
45.75).Select
End Sub

Now I run the above macro recorder code, and a new control is added to
the worksheet. But when I right click on this control, the Properties
& View Code items are missing. Why?

Thank you,

Regards,

DaveU

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think it's a bug (or a feature <vbg).

You can still doubleclick on it and get taken into the VBE in its _Click event
in that worksheet's module.

And from there, you can see the properties window (hit F4 with the commandbutton
selected).

Another way to see the properties is to select the commandbutton while in design
mode (another icon on that control toolbox toolbar) and then click the
Properties icon (also on the control toolbox toolbar).

--
Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

On Sep 17, 12:23*pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
I think it's a bug (or a feature <vbg).

That answers my question, now I know it's not just something I'm doing
wrong. The sooner I get a handle on all these "features", the better
off I'll be!!

Thanks you very much, always appreciate your replies,

Regards,

DaveU