Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default adding verbiage to the end of a cell

I want to be able to add words to the end of a cell. For instance if
the cell contains "total for NY", I want to be able to add " < 10,000"
at the end. The cell would need to say "total for NY < 10,000". Then
I want the whole row highlighted in yellow.
Can someone please help me with this?
Thank you
CP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Below sub will check F column for "total for NY" when found it will
change it to "total for NY < 10,000".
And color the row between A and K columns.
Please make necessary changes to your needs.
Rgds

Sub color()
Dim rng As Range
Dim i As Range
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set rng = .Range("F2", .Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
For Each i In rng
If i.Value = "total for NY" Then
i.Value = "total for NY < 10,000"
Range("a" & i.Row & ":" & "k" & i.Row).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
End If
Next i
End With
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assign a hoykey combination to a macro, containing these 2 lines of code:
ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value & " < 10.000"
Range(ActiveCell.Row & ":" & ActiveCell.Row).Interior.ColorIndex = 6

CE

ActiveCell.Value =