Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Split a text file with more than 65536 lines over many worksheets

Hi everyone,
I would like to process a text file with more than 65536 lines. Is
there any possiblity to do that with Excel ?
Either to do it in many iterations (like import lines 1 to 65536, then
65537 to 131072, and so on) or to import it once and split lines 1 to
65536 on sheet 1, lines 65537 to 131072 on sheet 2 etc...

Thanks for any feedback & have a great weekend!

Joel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would use a text editor to split the text file into smaller pieces (maybe
notepad???).

Then you can import each piece into different worksheets/workbooks.

--
Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Upgarde your MS-Office to Office 2007 is the best possible solution.

Regards
Rajender Soni

"jo77" wrote in message

Hi everyone,
I would like to process a text file with more than 65536 lines. Is
there any possiblity to do that with Excel ?
Either to do it in many iterations (like import lines 1 to 65536, then
65537 to 131072, and so on) or to import it once and split lines 1 to
65536 on sheet 1, lines 65537 to 131072 on sheet 2 etc...

Thanks for any feedback & have a great weekend!

Joel- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 16/07/2010 13:23, jo77 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I would like to process a text file with more than 65536 lines. Is
there any possiblity to do that with Excel ?
Either to do it in many iterations (like import lines 1 to 65536, then
65537 to 131072, and so on) or to import it once and split lines 1 to
65536 on sheet 1, lines 65537 to 131072 on sheet 2 etc...

Thanks for any feedback& have a great weekend!

Joel

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ImportBigFiles.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ImportBigFiles.aspx

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Upgrading to Excel 2007 would be an
idea, but I'm not the one deciding it in my firm.... I'll have to wait
a little bit...

Thanks ManicMiner17 for the link, I'll study & try this, sounds
interesting.
Have a nice day !