Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SelfCert

I am having difficulties in getting my SelfCert to attached to a macro. I go
to Tools/Digital Signature and assign my certificate but this doesn't allow
the macro to run. I am also trying to use my certificate on other computers
in our office but I am having difficulty with that as well. The certificate
can be attached but cannot be saved to the macro on other computers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You must install the certificate to a trusted location using the wizard.
Do do thin, find your certificate with Windows Explorer, whatever.cer, and
double click it. Respond to the wizard's simple dialogs and choose a
trusted root location from the list. You will need to do this on each
mchine on which your signed macros are to be used.

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 10:23:29 -0700, dougp
wrote:

I am having difficulties in getting my SelfCert to attached to a macro. I go
to Tools/Digital Signature and assign my certificate but this doesn't allow
the macro to run. I am also trying to use my certificate on other computers
in our office but I am having difficulty with that as well. The certificate
can be attached but cannot be saved to the macro on other computers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

SelfCert signatures are good only on the computer in which they are created.

You cannot export the selfcert key(s).

Using the certificate on your own computer should pose no problem but you
say your macros won't run.

If using 2007, have you saved the workbook as macro-enabled
workbook(*.xlsm)?

One thing you mifgt try is to open MMC from StartRun MMC

Load the certificate snap-in and move your certificate from Personal to
Trusted.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

selfcert.exe DRA Excel Programming 2 December 19th 07 10:32 PM
SelfCert Mel Smith Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 5th 06 01:11 PM
selfcert.exe Fred[_23_] Excel Programming 2 June 14th 05 03:32 AM
SELFCERT, a step further pshen Excel Programming 0 May 5th 05 08:51 PM
SelfCert [email protected] Excel Programming 4 April 6th 05 06:41 AM